Oberg Ice Plant has shiny green to grey-green foliage that is slightly finer than other hardy ice plants. A non-stop bloomer from spring to fall, Oberg’s flowers bud and open pink, then gradually pale until they are snow-white.
Hardy ice plants (Delosperma sp.) are low-growing succulents native to the alpine and arid regions of southern Africa. While sporting attractive heat, cold, and drought-tolerant groundcover foliage, these plants are best known for their multitude of aster-like blooms. Ice plants work great in containers and planters, either by themselves or mixed with other plants. They add excellent low-growing color and texture planted in a rock garden, draping down a retaining wall, or planted anywhere a cold and drought tolerant ground cover or trailing plant is needed. They can also be used as permanent additions to hanging baskets.
- Medium: This plant is sold in a 3.5″ pot for local orders and bare-rooted for shipped orders.
- Max height: 3″
- Max spread: 18″
- Hardiness: USDA Zones 5-10
- Light: Full sun to part shade
- Water: nearly none required, but 1x per week increases flower and foliage performance
- Soil: Well-drained
- Wildlife: attracts pollinators